hiddenbehindthepages

Everything and anything can be written here...Want to be a Wizard? Or be Part of House of Night? Then visit The Sorting Hat and Get Marked!

TB
Latest topics
» Corrupt A Wish
Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm by Ageless Vampire

» Please Follow These Instructions For Getting Sorted!
Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» August 1st 2017 Short Story Contest Genre: Anything
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» (x) Time Travellers (x) Courtney x Kressie
Thu May 12, 2016 3:20 am by courtney

» After the Happily Ever After(Kressie and courtney)
Thu May 12, 2016 3:18 am by courtney

» Hell City 1 on 1 rp.
Wed May 11, 2016 2:41 pm by courtney

» Ghost Lover[X]
Wed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm by courtney

» Romantic Moments
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» First year at Howarts... Scared? A bit.
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Poll
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 11 - Courage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chapter 11 - Courage on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:08 am

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Captain
Captain
It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining bright, the birds were singing on the treetops as the branches were swaying from side to side in the sweet cool breeze. They were sitting on a bench in the park, near Hogsmeade Village. For the first time in two years, they were alone, together.

Ginny had just finished taking the N.E.W.T.s, along with Ron, Hermione, and almost the whole of Harry’s year. Harry had just gotten out of St. Mungo’s Hospital, where he has been the past year, recovering from the battle with Voldemort.

Harry had never yet had the opportunity to talk to Ginny privately. The hospital room was constantly filled with people: friends, admirers, and members of the ministry, newspaper columnists, and kids wanting autographs… there was so much he wanted to tell her during his stay at the hospital, but now, that he had the opportunity, he was lost for words.

What should he tell her two years after he broke up with her? Should he tell her that she is the reason he survived the battle? That it was the thought of being with her that prevented him from succumbing to his injuries? That it was the sight of her beautiful face, that kept him fighting for his life, even as he was so close to seeing his parents again…?

He couldn’t tell her that. Not after two years of them being apart. Not after he was the one who pushed her away.

He couldn’t tell her that she was the reason he stayed alive. What if that would make her feel that she had to get back with him? He didn’t want to force himself on her. What if she feels sorry for him and takes him back out of pity? He couldn’t stand that thought! He knew that Mrs. Weasley cared for him, only because she pitied him, for not having a family. He heard her say that on his first trip on the Hogwarts Express. He didn’t want that from Ginny!

Harry looked into Ginny’s eyes. He was desperate to say something. He wanted to know if she still felt, now, the way she did, then, before they broke their relationship.

“Ginny…” he said, the words were stuck in his throat.

He couldn’t say anything. His hands were shaking; his heart was beating double its normal speed.

“Ginny,” he tried again his voice was shaking too.

He was not sure what he wanted to say; he was desperately searching for words. He looked into those brown eyes, and suddenly, before he could stop himself, he said, “will you marry me?”

He was suddenly so scared. What did he do? Who said Ginny even wanted to get married? Maybe she already had enough of her big family, and she wanted to live independently? What made him think she still loved him?

Ginny looked at Harry. She looked at the man who, even as a boy, had faced death without flinching. He had faced things far worse than death without even batting an eyelid. This man, who was now facing her, looking so vulnerable, so defenseless; he was so scared. She knew, as she looked at his shaking hands and pale face, that no monster, or dragon -- nor even Voldemort could have broken Harry, but if she wanted to, she could destroy him completely. She knew that she meant more to him than his life.

She couldn’t believe that she ever doubted his love for her. She was so devastated back then, when he broke their relationship, thinking he has lost his feelings for her. She wanted nothing more than to be with Harry, and to start a new family with him, a big family with lots of children. But she couldn’t be sure that he wanted that. Maybe he wasn’t used to the idea of having a family at all? Maybe he just wanted to live independently and be left alone?

But she knew, as she looked at him, that her fears were baseless. He only broke up with her to protect her. He has loved her all this time, and he always will.

Ginny looked into Harry’s bright green eyes. She didn’t need to perform Legitimancy to know that his heart was in her hands. With a blazing look, she gazed deep into his eyes, and answered, “yes.”

Ageless in my Big Brother From A Different Mother I love you
Daughter Of Nyx - My Sister I love you
Fuarie - My Seestor From A Differnt Meestor Smile I love you
http://hiddenbehindthepages.niceboards.net

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum